Tel +49 (0)451-1505-0
Fax +49 (0)451-1505-300

Tel +49 (0)451-1505-118
Fax +49 (0)451-1505-301

103 B

Tel +49 (0)451-1505-140
Fax +49 (0)451-72865


Tel +49 (0)451-1505-205
Fax +49 (0)451-1505-300 


Tel +49 (0)451-1505-401 
Fax +49 (0)451-1505-420 


Tel +49 (0)451-1505-122 
Fax +49 (0)451-1505-300 


Tel +49 (0)451-1505-414 
Fax +49 (0)451-1505-423 


Kompetenznetzwerk Qualität und Lehre
Tel +49 (0)451-1505-223
Fax +49 (0)451-1505-302 


Künstlerisches Betriebsbüro
Tel +49 (0)451-1505-196
Fax +49 (0)451-1505-302 

1.23, 1.49

Tel +49 (0)451-4079835

Tel +49 (0)451-1505-123 
Fax +49 (0)451-1505-302 


Tel +49 (0)451-1505-128 
Fax +49 (0)451-1505-301 


Strategie- und Entwicklungsplanung
Tel +49 (0)451-1505-216
Fax +49 (0)451-1505-303 


Tel +49 (0)451-1505-210 
Fax +49 (0)451-1505-303 


Tel +49 (0)451-1505-140 
Fax +49 (0)451-72865


Tel +49 (0)451-1505-198 
Fax +49 (0)451-1505-300 


Tel +49 (0)451-1505-152 
Fax +49 (0)451-1505-300 



Für einen Hochschulaccount wenden Sie sich bitte an die Netzwerkverwaltung. Antragsformulare gibt es im Formularzentrum und in der Bibliothek.


Für einen Hochschulaccount wenden Sie sich bitte an die Netzwerkverwaltung. Antragsformulare gibt es im Formularzentrum und in der Bibliothek.


Für einen Hochschulaccount wenden Sie sich bitte an die Netzwerkverwaltung. Antragsformulare gibt es im Formularzentrum und in der Bibliothek.


Für einen Hochschulaccount wenden Sie sich bitte an die Netzwerkverwaltung. Antragsformulare gibt es im Formularzentrum und in der Bibliothek.

wir vermitteln

Johannes Fischer
Professor für Schlagzeug

wir vermitteln

Julia Pschedezki
Studentin Gesang

wir vermitteln

Sabine Meyer
Professorin für Klarinette

wir vermitteln

Konrad Elser
Professor für Klavier

wir vermitteln

Charles Duflot
Student Cello

wir vermitteln

Bernd Ruf
Professor für Popularmusik


  • Is it possible for students to be compensated for a loss of income caused by the Corona crisis with an emergency loan or grant?
    Yes, it is possible to submit an application for short-term support to the Ernst Siemens Musikstiftung as well as to the Supporters Association of the MHL at any time. In addition, the federal state of Schleswig-Holstein has increased the Studentenwerk’s loan fund for destitute students by 100,000 euros.

  • Are there any additional funding possibilities in Lübeck?
    You can find a good list of different funding possibilities on the website of the Kulturtreibhaus Lübeck.

  • Where can I get psychological support?
    Christian v. Streit (T: 0451-1505 118) helps in emergency situations as a first counsellor. The psychological counselling service of the Studentenwerk can be reached at T: 0451-3101 2980 or by mail. Lucia Domke is the contact person.

  • How do I reach the Studentenwerk and especially the BAföG office of Schleswig-Holstein?
    The counselling centres and the BAföG offices are closed to visitors until further notice. Access is only possible by prior arrangement. Please contact them by phone or mail.

  • How do I reach the social counselling of the Studentenwerk Schleswig-Holstein?
    The social counselling can be reached by phone T: 0451-3101 2981 or by mail. Stefanie Prüss is the contact person.

  • Is student advisory service still offered?
    Yes, prospective students can contact the Secretariat of Study. Students of the MHL should contact their Head of Studies.

  • How can I reach the Student Representation?
    You can reach the Presidium of the Student Parliament (StuPa) via mail and the General Student Committee (AStA) via mail at all times.

  • What should I bear in mind when traveling from another country to my place of residence/study and work in Lübeck?
    All entering travelers please consult the information page of the state of Schleswig-Holstein. There you will also find multilingual information on entry requirements at the bottom of the page. If in doubt, you can obtain information about the current situation from the Health Office of the Hanseatic City of Lübeck or via the Corona Hotline T: 0451-122 2626. For entry from certain countries to Schleswig-Holstein you need a confirmation of the necessity of presence in Germany for the purpose of study (§ 16b AufenthG), which you can obtain in German and English at the Student Secretariat. You can obtain a confirmation of the necessity of presence in Germany for the purpose of practicing a profession (teaching/administration) at the e-mail address

  • What should I do if I suspect an infection with COVID-19 or a positive test result?
    If you suspect an infection, contact your local health office immediately and inform the Presidential Office (T: 0451-1505 128). Follow the instructions of the health office. Do not enter the MHL until a negative test result has been obtained (if the Health Office orders a test), conduct classes digitally or participate in classes online. If the test result is positive, do not enter the MHL under any circumstances and follow the instructions of the public health department. Please report immediately by e-mail or telephone to the Presidential Office (T: 0451-1505 128), as we have to report every Corona case to the Ministry. In this way we can also track whether you were previously present at the MHL and what contacts you had there. Please also report if you were not at the MHL.

  • What do I have to consider when I enter the buildings of MHL?
    Wearing a face mask, keeping distance and washing your hands is mandatory. From 25.1.2021, only medical masks (FFP2 or surgical masks) are permitted. Further information can be found in the hygiene guide and the hygiene concept, which university members can download from the MHLnet. However, external persons may only enter the university buildings with an explicit invitation or reservation. Entering the building is exclusively possible via the Große Petersgrube and must be documented using the card reader at the gate. The way to the exit is signposted, which is located in the Depenau. There, leaving the building must be documented using the card reader (except for employees of the university administration). Staying on our university premises and in the buildings is now only permitted for the permitted purposes in order to comply with the requirement of contact reduction as comprehensively as possible. Private meetings and gatherings on university property are prohibited as a matter of principle.

  • Can I take lessons at my lecturer’s home?
    No, lessons are in principle not allowed to take place at the homes of lecturers – not even in this exceptional situation!

  • Can I rehearse with my chamber music ensemble or with piano accompanists?
    Chamber music rehearsals and lessons are permitted in the rooms approved for this purpose with the number of people allowed. Reservations at

  • Where can I get helped with technical problems?
    Moodle offers exchange opportunities, instructions and solutions for improving your equipment. For further questions about working with Moodle and the didactic conception of digital teaching formats, please contact Mr. Fabian Bade. Information about the office hours can be found on MHLnet.

  • What if I cannot attend classes due to the corona crisis?
    If you are not able to continue your studies due to a lack of technical facilities or travel restrictions, please contact your Head of Studies in order to find individual solutions.

  • How can I request a postponement?
    Requests for postponements of exams must be submitted to the responsible Heads of Studies and justified appropriately.

  • Are the predetermined deadlines for papers and final theses still valid?
    Yes, they are still valid. Time limits may (however) be extended in justified cases and upon request (e.g. in case of research problems or if practical work shares cannot be performed, etc.). Such requests must be send to the responsible Head of Studies.

  • What about the lending periods of my borrowed media from the library?
    The loan period for media borrowed in the summer semester 2021 ends on 16 July 2021. Please adjust your user account by specified date and return any media still borrowed. All renewable media from the last semester were automatically renewed until this date.

  • How do I get access to literature in the meantime?
    The library is opened for loan and return only: Monday - Friday 10.30 am - 12.30 pm and 13.30 pm - 15.30 pm.

  • Where can I access the sheet music for the orchestra projects?
    Scores for the orchestra projects can only be found online on the intranet in the group "MHL Orchestra".

  • When will there be public events again?
    On 13 June, the MHL opened its doors again for events. All visitors (including university members) are requested to register exclusively online via a free ticket. Registration for the concerts in the Villa Brahms is via mail Further requirements are the wearing of a mouth and nose protection (also during the event) up to the assigned seat and the compliance with the hygiene rules. For events taking place outside, including concerts in the "Wir in" series, please observe the regulations of the organisers on site.

  • Is the canteen opened?
    The canteen at the MHL is currently closed.

Further notes and recommendations

Concerning the handling of the Coronavirus SARS CoV 2, the MHL refers to the current state regulations and decrees of the Federal State Government of Schleswig-Holstein.

Furthermore, the MHL recommends all university members and guests to follow the advices of the Robert Koch Institute and the Federal Centre for Health Education.

Current information on entering and return travel to Schleswig-Holstein can be found here.